Dating expert Renee Lee explained to the men why women cheat…realistic reasons why they cheat:
- Going through a transition. “If it is graduating, turning a certain age, losing a parent or advancing the relationship status, women become introspective,” explains Lee. “Even if it is something she wants, such as just getting engaged or graduating, the transition can stir up an array of emotions about where her life is going or where she is in it. The discomfort of change can trigger an impulsive desire to find someone to take her focus off the change and be a diversion for what she is going through.”
- Nothing being celebrated. We’ve all been here: “May it be getting a promotion, organizing a fundraiser, or making Thanksgiving dinner for a party of 20, men often make the misstep of not complimenting their partner’s achievements,” Lee says. “Women seek an emotional connection that their partner notices them, is proud of their achievements, and appreciates what they do, so when they aren’t getting this at home the residual effects lead to feelings of frustration, dissatisfaction, depression, and restlessness.” And that’s when they could go looking for it elsewhere. “When you are living in the day to day with someone, it is challenging to step outside a situation and notice the things that do matter to someone,” adds Lee “As this wears down over time, so as soon as the woman encounters someone who ignites the spark they are lacking at home, they equate it to an emotional connection and seek companionship with someone else.”
- Feel the relationship is ending and will end. “When a woman feels that uneasy sense that a relationship is on the outs, by either her doing or his, she will often look to fill the void externally to soften the blow,” Lee reasons for a woman’s infidelity. “If she is the one considering the breakup, she may be using this tactic as a challenge to herself both testing the waters, and then gauge if she can go through with it.”
- Not fun anymore. …But it’s too hard to pull the plug. “When you don’t laugh, you don’t love. Laughter is one of the key elements in a relationship that often gets overlooked,” Lee explains, simply. “When stresses of day to day life become the dominant factor in a relationship, women feel unhappy. When they come across a coworker, or friend that they have a good time with, it suddenly brings to light what is missing in their own relationship and becomes tempting to act upon.”
- Sex. Men aren’t the only ones who need to spice things up. “Women need to feel desired!” Lee declares. “If she is not getting any, enough, or nothing to talk about, women start to feel a sexual void. With the popularity of books such as Fifty Shades of Grey, television shows, or listening to friends talk about their fun single trysts, women have that moment when they compare their love life at home to what the rest of the world seems to be experiencing.” And that’s when she may start to wonder what she’s missing.
“Though it is easy to pinpoint the flaws in one’s sex life, it is often hard to make the changes needed to correct them,” adds Lee. “This creates a temptation in women to seek sexual satisfaction elsewhere with someone they don’t have the baggage with and can be more uninhibited.