ABC News made a report on some of the facts about the fatal shooting of Terence Crutcher in Tulsa Oklahoma Friday night.
1. Terence Crutcher was unarmed and no weapons were found in his car.
2. The police were there responding to a stalled vehicle.
3. Cruthcer has no records except traffic violations from over a decade ago.
4. Betty Shelby, the officer that shot and killed Crutcher, wasn’t the only officer to have their weapon drawn. Her husband, who is also an officer, was in the helicopter that caught the shooting on camera.
5. Before the footage was released, police spokeswoman made this statement, “They continued to talk to him. He continued not to listen and follow any commands. As they got closer to the vehicle, he reached inside the vehicle, and at that time there was a Taser deployment, and a short time later there was one shot fired”.
6. The helicopter footage clearly shows Crutcher walking to the side of his car with his hands up and placing his hands on top of his vehicle.
7. Dashcam footage also shows his hands on top of the car.
8. No one checks on Crutcher until two minutes after he was shot.
9. There was an officer that drew a stun gun instead of a handgun like the others but it still remains unknown why did they consider Crutcher a threat.
10. Tulsa police have been involved in 24 fatal shootings since 2007.