24-Year Old Man Killed By Exploding Vape Pen

Last week, a 24-year old Texas man was smoking his vape pen when it exploded, killing him.

Per NY Post, William Brown bought a vape pen from Smoke & Vape DZ in Keller Texas and he wasn’t a regular smoker. He was in his grandmother’s car when the vape pen exploded, cutting his carotid artery. He died two days later at the hospital.

The battery of the vape pen malfunctioned.

“When they X-rayed him, they found the stem, the metal embedded to where the blood flows up to the brain,” his grandmother said.

US Fire Administration statistics state that most of the explosions from e-cigarettes and vapes is while the device is used or stored in a pocket but none of have resulted in death. There have been 133 injuries from 2017.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s