After another season of controversial calls, the NFL had to sit down with team owners and find a solution – again. The biggest thing is the instant replay which has been a blessing and a curse.
According to the NFL, the replay system will cover the following:
- Plays involving possession
- Plays involving touching of either the ball or the ground
- Plays governed by the goal line
- Plays governed by the boundary lines
- Plays governed by the line of scrimmage
- Plays governed by the line to gain
- Numbers of players on the field at the snap even when a foul is not called
- Game administration; penalty enforcement, proper down, spot of foul, status of the game clock
- disqualification of a player
- Pass interference, called or not called (offense and defense)
Will this help or cause more issues? Hopefully every play won’t be in the instant replay system.